On 21 April 2018, the PPE Directive 89/686 has been replaced by the new PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425. The EU regulation applies in all EU member states and is legally binding. The new regulation understands harmful noise as an irreversible health risk. This means that hearing protection, whether used for private or commercial purposes, is subject to stricter regulatory requirements.
Suppliers and acousticians are now obliged to ensure that the hearing protection complies with the current legal requirements and that the products are tested and certified as PPE. For products approved according to DIN EN 352-2, the performance of a functional test by an acoustician is required by law.
The following specifications are binding:
- The functional test must be carried out by the acoustician at the time of initial delivery, at the latest 6 months after delivery of the hearing protection. If the hearing protection does not pass this functional test, it must not be handed out but must be claimed to the manufacturer.
- The result of the functional test must be reported to Dreve by the acoustician to meet the requirements of EU Regulation 2016/425 on personal protective equipment.
- The functional test must be carried out according to the manufacturer's specifications and transmitted directly via Dreve’s SmartOrder ordering platform. The result of the functional test can be printed out and shall be handed over to the user. SmartOrder archives the result of the functional test for the acoustician.
- Furthermore, in the area of industrial safety and for safety at work and a practical briefing for the user must be carried out.
Generally, the Dreve DLO® hearing protection products should not be changed or amended. Otherwise the product is not conform to its former and approved type anymore and may therefore not be placed on the market!
- Earmold and filter
- Packaging incl. tag with product labeling
PPE Regulation Info-Flyer